Sunday, November 27, 2011

Koi fish postcard

I live in Hong Kong now and so I sent a lot of postcards everywhere. My family and friends and former wrestling partners all receive some sort of watercolor postcard. Each one I try to make differently, try a new way of painting I never tried before, and if it is really bad I send it to my best friends to show them how much love and care I put into making their cards. For this one it is for my grandmother in Hawaii and so I chose a scene of fish that I saw when I went to Yuen Long Park in New Territories area of Hong Kong. The giant koi fish ponds allow for some really cool pictures of the brightly colored fish. My wall now has a mural made in their image and so I really enjoy the fish form to paint as well.

Enjoy. Meditate on blue and orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment