Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Card: Just Celebrating the Best Eating Holiday In THE World

This week has been all about relaxing and getting my correspondence records sorted out. At the same time as I was making my watercolor postcards for friends and family, I decided to enter into a Thanksgiving Postcard contest put on by the University that I work at. What do you think of when you think of Turkey Day? I think of mounds of food as my upbringing has told me to expect a whole lotta of white meat and potatoes with sides of some green things but mostly meat and potatoes, my favorite combination of food. Instead of doing a glorifying portrait of a dead fowl-turned-my-dinner, I chose the more Hallmark friendly and traditional scene of leaves, fresh windy air and a heart shaped tree to make it extra kitsch.

 I dedicate this card to my good friends and family. Thanks for being there for me. Print this out and add your own turkey decorations to add extra personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment